The Destiny 2 sub-class rework continues with Solar 3.0. This time around the trailer for the new subclass was released just a day before the release of Season 17, Season Of The Haunted. Solar 3.0 breathes new life in the solar sub-class in the same way as the Void and Stasis sub-class.
So what is Destiny 2 Solar 3.0 about? Well, this is what we are going to find in this post today. Let’s dive into it.
Everything About Destiny 2 Solar 3.0
In accordance with Void 3.0 and Stasis, the Solar 3.0 has provided the Solar sub-class with aspects and fragments. Let’s talk about the buffs and debuffs before we get into the aspects and fragments.
- Scorch: The target takes damage over time and also accumulates scorch stacks. When they accumulate enough scorch stacks they ignite.
- Ignition: It causes a large solar explosion that causes large AOE damage.
- Radiant: This enhances your weapons by the power of the traveller and makes you deal increased damage against foes.
- Restoration: Regeneration of health and shields are increased and is not interrupted by taking damage.
- Cure: This heals you instantly.
So, these are the various buffs and debuffs that comes Solar 3.0. Now, check the the three classes and their respective aspects. The fragments are the same for each class and have been covered at the end of the post. Let’s start with Warlocks.
Warlock Solar 3.0
Warlocks are a force to be reckoned with and their aspects make them very strong in both air and ground. This lets you clear paths for your team and also support them in various ways.
There are two warlock supers Daybreak and Well of Radiance. Along with the Celestial Fire melee ability a new melee ability Incinerator Snap has also been added, which creates a fan of burning sparks that explodes and scorches targets.
Solar 3.0 Warlock Aspects
- Touch Of Flame: Imporoves the functionality of various grenades.
- Icarus Dash: Provides a quick dodge while airborne and an additional dodge when heat rises is active.
- Heat Rises: Consume your grenade to cast this and glide in the air for an increased duration also hit targets with weapons, grenades and melee while airborne. The duration increases with final blows.
Titan Solar 3.0
Titans are a force of destruction that destroys everything in its path with their massive damaging capabilities. They also act as a tank for the fireteam.
Solar 3.0 titans have two supers, Burning Maul and Hammer Of Sol. Along with that they have the Throwing hammer and Hammer strike melee ability. Picking up Throwing Hammers after a final provides cure and tragets defeated by Hammer Srikes ignite.
Solar 3.0 Titan Aspects
- Roaring Flames: Solar ability final blows or ignitions increases damage of solar abilities. The damage stacks 3 times.
- Sol Invictus: Defeating scorch targets or with solar abilities or Hammer Of Sol creates sunspots. While standing on sunspots you gain faster ability regeneration and restoration and your super lasts longer. Enemies entering sunspots receive damage and get scorched.
- Consecration: Activating charged melee ability while sliding launches a wave of solar energy forwards which damages and scorches and tragets infront. Activating melee ability after jumping slams the ground creating and large solar wave. Hitting scored targets with this makes them ignite.
Hunter Solar 3.0
Hunters are add clear and DPS machine. They keep the enemies alight with soch and ignitions and swiftly eliminates enemies.
They have three supers Blade Barrage and Golden Gun Deadshot and Marksman. Along with that, they have various melee ability such as Proximity Explosive Knife, Weighted Knife, Lightweight Knife and Knife Trick. They explode when targets are near, deals extra precision damage and ignites scorched targets, makes you radiant and scorches targets respectively.
Solar 3.0 Hunter Aspects
- On Your Mark: Your and your allies get increased handling and reload speed for a short duration upon precison final blows. Activating your class ability instantly provides maximum stacks for On Your Mark which stacks three times.
- Knock ’em Down: Enhances solar supers and refunds full melee energy upon final blows while being radiant.
- Gunpowder Gamble: Defeating targets with solar weapons, solar debuff or abilities charges and improvised solar grenade. Shooting the grenade when its in mid air causes ingnitions.
So, these were the various Solar 3.0 aspects of the various classes. Now let’s check the Solar 3.0 Fragments below.
Also Read: How To Get Legendary SMG Calus Mini-Tool In Destiny 2
Destiny 2 Solar 3.0 Fragments
There are 14 solar 3.0 fragments and you can equip a minimum of 3 or a maximum of 5. It totally depends on how many fragment slots you have, which is based on the aspects you are using.
- Ember Of Searing: Defeating Scorched targets provides melee energy. This fragment also provides you with +10 Recovery.
- Ember Of Ashes: You Apply more scorch stacks to targets.
- Ember Of Wonder: Rapidly defeating multiple targets with ignitions generates an orb of power. This also provides +10 Reseilience.
- Ember Of Eruption: Your solar ignitions have increased area of effect. This also provides +10 Strength.
- Ember Of Blistering: Defeating targets with solar ignitions grants grenade energy.
- Ember Of Solace: Radiant and restorations effects applied to you have longer duration.
- Ember Of Char: Your solar ignitions spread scorch stacks to nearby targets,. This also provides you +10 Discipline.
- Ember Of Combustion: Final blows with solar super causes targets to ignite. This also provides +10 Strength.
- Ember Of Torches: Powered melee attacks against combatants make you and nearby allies radiant.
- Ember OF Beams: Your Solar Super projectiles have stronger target acquisition. This also provides +10 Intellect.
- Ember Of Empyrean: Solar weapon or ability final blows extend the duration of restoration and radiant effects applied to you. This also provides -10 Resillience.
- Ember Of Singeing: Your class ability recharges faster when you scorch targets.
- Ember Of Benovelance: Applying restoration, cure, or radiant to allies grants increased grenade, melee, and class ability regeneration for a short duration. This also provides you -10 Discipline.
- Ember Of Tempering: Solar Weapon final blows grant you and your allies increased recovery for a short duration. Stacks 3 times. While Ember of Tempering is active, your weapons have increased airborne effectiveness. This also provides -10 Recovery.
These are all the fragments of Solar 3.0. Along with that, all classes will have access to greandes that are reserved to each class. But for that you need to got Ikora in the Tower and unlock them accordingly.
Players who have been playing before the launch of the witch will have access to it right as they login to their respective characters. New Lights might have to earn them and they can follow the Destiny 2 Beginners Guide to have a smooth introduction about how Destiny 2 works.
So, this is all about Destiny 2 Solar 3.0. This guide might be a bit late but we hope this was helpful to you.
Happy Hunting Guardians!